Personal Care and Support in Telford
At Hands on Care, we’re proud to offer high quality personal care and support for adults aged 18+ in Telford and surrounding areas. With 10 years experience in the health and social care sector, we offer a range of services to make your life easier and more enjoyable, allowing you to live independently and giving your loved ones total peace of mind.
Enjoying a good quality of life is important to all of us. This includes being able to develop and maintain independence, having the choice to control decisions that affect our lives, and maintaining the respect of others around us.
Whether you require short-term support or you’re in need of long-term care, our team will provide you with the right care, support and assistance to enable you to live your life with dignity in an independent, safe and secure way.
Who Can Receive Personal Care?
Our team covers Telford, Shrewsbury, South Staffordshire and Wolverhampton areas and we offer personal care to:
- Adults aged over 18
- Elderly people with frailties
- People with sensory loss
- Individuals with learning difficulties
- Individuals with dementia
- Individuals recovering from illness
- Individuals who are terminally ill
Call 01952 743490 today to see how we can help you and your loved ones
Tailored Personal Care in Telford
Our personal care service provides individuals and families with the extra support needed to live a safe, comfortable and happy life at home. Should you choose us as your personal care provider, we will take the time to get to know you and your loved ones. We’ll learn about your past, your lifestyle, your hobbies and interests, even down to how you like your tea and which paper you read.
Our aim is to help you in any way that we can. From completing household chores to helping to prepare meals and medication, our team prides itself on becoming an extension of your home. If you just want some companionship to laugh and joke over a cup of tea, we can also do that too!
All our personal care services are tailored to your needs and can offer a fantastic solution for those that would prefer to stay at home rather than going to a residential home.
What Does Your Personal Care Include?
We understand that no two needs are the same which is why we offer 24/7 personal care services. Typically this covers:
- Helping You To Start The Day: Our team will start the day with a friendly “Good Morning” before helping you to get up, wash, dress and enjoy a good breakfast
- Supporting You with Medication: We can remind and assist you with taking, ordering and collecting medications
- Outings: If required we can collect your pension with you or for you and shop with you. We can also help you to create shopping lists, go to the shops on your behalf and then put all of your shopping away safely
- Household Support: We can also help you to keep up with cleaning your home, laundry, ironing, and ensuring you have fresh bedding for a good night’s sleep
- Social Events: Our support isn’t solely limited to the home, we can also assist you to arrange your social diary for events, such as going out for a walk around Telford Town Park, attending a day centre, visiting friends or family, going to your church or favourite club etc
- Getting Ready For Bed: At the end of each day, we can also help with getting ready for bed. Our team can help you to wash, put nightwear on, prepare hot drinks and snacks and they can also ensure your home is secure upon leaving
Arranging Support for a Loved One in Telford
As a family run business, we understand that choosing personal care can be a difficult and often upsetting decision. Each member of our team is carefully selected to ensure that we continue to deliver an exceptional level of care whilst also ensuring that loved ones feel valued and safe.
Whether you’re looking to trial personal care to see if the options suits your loved ones needs and lifestyle, you’re looking for short-term support as respite, or you’re looking for a longer-term plan to enable your loved one to continue living at home, we can help.
All our personal care plans are completely flexible and we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.